Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Roasted Chicken Breasts With Leeks, Basil & Lemon

It's been a while.  My memory is awful and I've been super busy with my attempts to shave down my ass ever-so-slightly.  When I get home and my body hurts, the last thing I often want to do is even cook dinner - let alone then blog about having cooked dinner. 

However this month is full of excellent recipes and experiments and I intend to share more of them with my lovely peeps.  Also you guys. The chickens don't appreciate my recipes as much as I wish they would, the bastards.

I apologize for my epically shitty pictures.  I don't have a good camera and am stuck with using my phone in a mostly quite dark house.  I have, however, ordered a good camera so things should improve dramatically within a week or so.


Roast Chicken Breasts w/Leeks, Basil & Lemon
Serves 4
Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients

1kg leeks
1 tablespoonolive oil
2 tablespoons chicken stock
30g butter, softened
zest of one lemon
2 tablespoons chopped basil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 chicken breasts

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 240C/475F.
2. Trim the leeks and slice thinly.  Toss with the oil in a baking dish and season lightly.  Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the butter, chicken stock, lemon zest, basil and garlic in a small bowl.
4. Lay the chicken breasts atop the leeks and score them lightly.
5. Spread the basil and lemon mixture atop the chicken breasts, pushing it gently into the scores.
6. Roast, uncovered for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.  Spoon the juices over the breasts every 10 minutes until completely cooked.

Note: Mine actually took about 40 minutes to cook. Chicken cooking times can vary quite a bit and my oven takes ages to cook everything - we think we need to replace the seals (already - it's 3 years old).  Basting constantly is, of course, optional - but it can be the difference between melt-in-your-mouth chicken and dry-as-fuck chicken so....keep that in mind.

Enjoy!  It was delicious! My 4 year old wouldn't touch it.  SUCKER! More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment